Fairfax United Methodist Church seeks a talented, highly qualified individual to serve as an organist/ accompanist for our vibrant, growing music ministry, which currently includes:
· One weekly worship service (9:30 a.m. Sunday)
· 30-person adult choir
· Volunteer-led adult and youth handbell choirs
· Excellent multi-year relationship with George Mason University Music Department
· 3-manual, 42-rank pipe organ built by Zimmer and Sons with pipe work by Laukaff of Germany, 2 Kawai grand pianos, Sabathil & Son harpsichord, 3 Adams timpani, Schlumeric handbells, Malmark handchimes, multiple upright pianos and electronic keyboards, djembe, and an extensive library of choral and instrumental music
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Support, maintain, and grow Fairfax UMC’s vibrant music ministry to the glory of God. Consult with the pastoral staff and the Worship Pillar on all matters related to music at the church.
· Work with the Director of Music to plan and accompany music for all worship services. This includes Sunday morning worship and special services (weddings, funerals, Christmas Eve, Maundy Thursday, Good Friday, Easter).
· Provide accompaniment for all music group rehearsals.
· Work with the Director of Music to order music and manage upkeep/maintenance of the church’s instruments.
· Participate in weekly church staff meetings, and collaborate with other staff members to fulfill Fairfax UMC’s mission to Love, Build, Connect, and Serve.
· Bachelor of Music degree
· Previous participation in a church music ministry
· Demonstrated high level of proficiency on the pipe organ and piano
· Demonstrated ability to accompany choirs and individual musicians
· Demonstrated experience and ability playing in a worship setting
· Understanding of how music contributes to the flow and meaning of worship
· Exhibit a commitment to the Christian faith
· Organizational skills, good interpersonal relationships, and be a team player
· Keyboard expertise on piano and pipe organ
· Knowledge of the traditional music literature and United Methodist hymns· Comfort working with children, youth, and adults
$25000 - $30000 Per YearJob Category:
2 - 5 yearsEducation: